Bottoms Up! Body Balance For Birth
Understanding the theory and practice of Optimal Fetal Positioning for an easier labor.
Join us to learn how you can use gentle positions and movements to improve your birth outcome.
A certified birth doula will show you how you can determine your baby’s position in your belly and encourage your baby to be in the best position for an easier labor and birth.
Amy has been taught by Gail Tully of SPINNING BABIES and can teach you how to determine your baby’s current position, and how you can affect that position. If you like; after you determine what position your baby is in, Amy can draw a map of your baby on your belly to help you visualize that position.
‘Optimal Fetal Positioning’ (OFP) is a theory developed by midwife Jean Sutton, and Pauline Scott, an antenatal teacher, who found that the mother’s position and movement could influence the way her baby lay in the womb in the final weeks of pregnancy.
In this interactive workshop you will:
- Understand the effects of baby’s position on labor progress, comfort, and outcome.
- Discover what factors impact the position of your baby in your uterus.
- Gain skills that you can use during pregnancy and labor to encourage your baby to stay in, or move into, an optimal position; decreasing your risk of interventions and Cesarean.
- Be prepared to use positioning and movement to cope with difficult labors including posterior and asynclitic presentations.
- Have the opportunity to have your baby drawn on your belly.
This class is recommended for couples at least seven months pregnant. Please contact me about future class dates if you are interested.
We encourage both parents to attend but partners are not required to do so.